As an American male, growing up Christian, I had both a love for God,
and a hate for some of the standards that people were saying that God
expected of me. As a result, I began to have a hate for the Jesus
that I was told to be more like. The Jesus I learned about was
As a result of this "Jesus", I felt that I was being taken advantage of
- Generous - 5 loaves and 2 Fishes
- Almost always nice
- Perfect - with out sin (I Agree) - Never made a mistake....
But I always felt that something was missing. Who'd want to be a
Christian if it meant living the rest of my life on Earth as a doormat
- People expecting me to foot the bill just because I had a job or
more money in my pocket at the time. Also many of these poor
receivers did not care if I was able to provide for myself - after a
Bible study I should treat them and not want for myself!
- Always be nice - Jesus was only angry once......
- Never question authority - after all ALL authority comes from God
There is a
difference between being a servant and a slave.
- Salt - it's not just for making my steak
This page is
under construction as my life is as well.